I’m back with another yummy and very simple recipe! Chips have always been a bit of a weakness for me and a great way to forget about your Doritos craving is to find a delicious and healthy substitute!!
I love kale!! It goes with pretty much anything and its a great super food!
Wondering what benefits come from eating kale?
- Good for your bones
- Reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer
- Weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol
- Low in calories, fat, and carbs
- High in calcium, potassium, folic acid, antioxidants, and vitamins A, C, & K 🙂
So let’s jump right in!! 😉
Get your kale!!!!
Break the kale leaves off the stem and break the pieces off to your desired size. I like to half a medium sized leaf.
- Garlic seasoning (or Himalayan sea salt)
- Extra virgin olive oil
Yep! That’s it!
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Grab a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, add a tablespoon of olive oil and gently massage the oil into the kale with clean hands! 😉
- Get a helper! 🙂
- Add the garlic seasoning (or sea salt) to taste.
- Place each piece of kale on the sheet
- Take a bite before throwing them in the oven! So delicious!!
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes
This a great snack and a great way to fuel your body with the goods!! I am still following the 21 Day Fix meal plan and guess what? This is approved!
Another plus? It’s baby approved!!!
Please let me know if you try this and how they turned out. There are many ways to season these so experiment! You can add a bit of paprika, or even vinegar and sea salt! 🙂
© Stephanie Cardozo and Stephanie Cardozo, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stephanie Cardozo and Stephanie Cardozo with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.